Customer Corner: Your Top 3 Questions about Peach PassPosted Feb 25, 2014 by Cris Sanders, Director of Tolling Operations
Our goal is always to provide the best customer service possible to our Peach Pass customers and other Georgia motorists. So this week, we’re sharing your most frequently asked questions –and their answers—about Peach Pass and travelling the Express Lanes.
Q: Can I manage my Peach Pass account online?
- Click on the green “Set Up Online Access” tab and click on the orange “Begin” tab on the next page.
- Enter your Account Number and 4-Digit PIN Number (if you opened your account before June 27, 2011, use the last 4 digits of the account holder’s primary phone number as your PIN)
- Answer the mandatory security questions, create a username and password and set up your account profile. Then you all set to manage your account online!
Also, you can always call our Peach Pass Customer Service Center at 1-855-PCH-PASS (724-7277) for personal assistance with account issues.
Q: How can I add a vehicle to my Peach Pass account?
A: If you’ve already opened your account online, go to www.PeachPass.com and you can easily add a new vehicle:
- Log in to your account on the "Open/Manage Your Account" page and select “Add a Peach Pass” from the left-hand side bar.
- Click the orange “Add” button to order a Peach Pass for your new vehicle, enter the requested information (new vehicle’s make, model, year, and license plate number) and click “OK” when prompted.
- Your new, activated Peach Pass will be mailed to you within 7-10 business days, ready for use in the I-85 Express Lanes and on future tolling facilities in Georgia.
Q: How does a motorist receive a violation notice on the I-85 Express Lanes and what are the potential fees and fines?
A: Violations issued by the State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) for unauthorized use are $25.00 by law, plus the cost of any unpaid toll. If a driver is pulled over by law enforcement for an Express Lanes violation, an additional citation may be issued (fines for a first offense start at $75, plus court fees). Violations include:
- Entering or exiting the Express Lanes improperly by crossing the double white pavement striping.
- Using the Express Lanes without a registered Peach Pass transponder.
- Adjusting the toll mode listed on your account to reflect three or more occupants in a vehicle (thus qualifying for toll-free travel) and then driving in the Express Lanes with less than three occupants. In addition to receiving a violation notice from SRTA, motorists will also run the risk of being pulled over by law enforcement and issued a citation.
- Faulty Peach Pass or Cruise Card transponders that do not read correctly may also result in a violations notice. If this happens, customers should contact us to replace the faulty transponder.
- If you do get a violation – and we hope you won’t! – you can pay your violations online.
We hope these questions and answers help you get the most out of your Peach Pass and I-85 Express Lanes experience. Have a question that wasn’t answered? Leave a comment in the box below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.