Benefits of CarpoolingPosted May 22, 2015 by Malika Reed Wilkins, Director, Marketing & Communications
The Start a Carpool – Earn Toll Credits Pilot Program not only gives you the opportunity to earn up to $100 from Georgia Commute Options and $100 in toll credits. It also gives you the benefits of carpooling!
Georgia Commute Options has a number of resources to help you start a carpool, find a carpool partner and even get a guaranteed ride home in case of an emergency!
Some of the benefits of carpooling:
- Carpooling can save you money on gas and car expenses (e.g., insurance, wear-and-tear, etc.)
- Reduces stress – when you ride in the I-85 Express Lanes, you have greater choices for a more reliable commute time. And when you’re the passenger, you can read, relax or even work while commuting!
- Carpooling helps reduce traffic congestion and improve air quality by lowering the number of cars on the road.
- Carpooling enables some families to cut back to one car or to do without a car at all.
- Carpooling can even provide you with new friendships and company for your commute.
So start carpooling today and take advantage of the Start a Carpool – Earn Toll Credits Pilot Program. Learn more about it today! You could earn cash and toll credits – and save yourself some stress too! HURRY -- registration ends May 31!
And if you already carpool, log your commute – you could win $25 in prizes from Georgia Commute Options and $25 in toll credits!